Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dreamisode #1963

Aight so I think I wanna share this dream in light of the upcoming celebreation of Martin Luther King Jr. It won't make sense how this dream is connected to MLK til the end so bare with me.

The dream started off in some Jedi academy where I was training with my light saber along with the rest of the troop. Then the training session ended and we were summoned to hear the departing words of the Master. I wasn't really listening cause I was so eager to get out. Immediately after our release we burst into a childish game of tag, lead by yours truly of course. Off I went as I flew through the air wildly with the rest of the gang chasing me. Soon enough I came to land in this enchanted jungle. Immediately I knew I was somewhere in Africa, I could just feel it. The mood became very quiet. I was definitely in the deepest part of the jungle. As I walked through the trees, an opening appeared and there lie a solitude dwelling. I walked inside and there were 2 women and an infant child (my daughter?). There was somewhat of a tense energy in the air. I proceeded to take the young child in my arms. It was clear that I was not supposed to attempt to leave with that child. Even those that came with me seemed to be against the idea. I thought about fighting my way out but after a long pause I elected not to. I stood there gazing at the child in my arms and that's where the dream ended.

Now you might be wondering what this has to do with MLK. After I woke up I realized that I was "trained" to be able to fight my way out of that situation. Why didn't I?

"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man." -Gandhi

3 comments:

  1. i think maybe you didn't b/c you were still an impatient warrior in training. although you may have won the physical struggle to leave w/her, deep down you knew that you weren't mentally/spiritually prepared to deal with the struggles that would. you didn't yet have the patience to enrich a child's life because you were still a child yourself...

    i think this relates to MLK bcuz he was a man of great thought and reflection. that moment of reflection in your dream represents that wisdom to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn....I like the response from the lady above. Dreams are powerful and have the ability to produce so much meaning. That is why i wish i had the ability to interpret mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shauntrice thats an interesting interpretation. Makes a whole lot of sense. Can I hire you as a dream interpreter?

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?